Join our TEAM!
Family Pet Hospital is a thriving and rapidly expanding practice in Longmont in the heart of Colorado’s beautiful northern front range. We proudly employ a full team of positive, motivated, high caliber staff, all of whom are Fear Free Certified Professionals motivated to provide excellent medical care with love. Hoping to join our family? Click on the links below associated with any current openings for more information and to apply. Questions?
Call us at 303-485-1285.
Call us at 303-485-1285.
At Family Pet Hospital we strive to create an amazing experience in medical, surgical, preventive and dental care for both our patients and our clients at every interaction. We treat dogs, cats and exotics in a fear free, low stress environment.
Our ideal candidate is an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Veterinary Nurse seeking a full time veterinary technician position with our team.
Family Pet Hospital’s nurses are an integral part of our medical team and truly get to use their talents and training. Our nurses really do make a difference in our patient’s and our client’s lives!
We value a love of learning and self improvement, fantastic people skills, a good sense of humor, an excellent work ethic and a desire to be part of a positive, accountable, friendly work culture. We cover 100% of the medical insurance premiums for our full time employees, offer paid time off and paid holidays and ensure our shift hours are scheduled to help promote a healthy work-life balance. You can’t care for your patients if you aren’t able to care for yourself.
Family Pet Hospital is a thriving, top rated, independently owned (no corporate owners here!) small animal hospital in Longmont in the heart of Colorado’s beautiful northern front range. Within our newly remodeled and state of the art hospital we proudly employ a full team of positive, motivated, high caliber staff, all of whom are Fear Free Certified Professionals motivated to provide excellent medical care with love. Need more information about Family Pet Hospital, check out our website and reviews at www.FamilyPetLongmont.com.
- Use your enthusiastic, positive personality every day to function as a vital member of a veterinary team
- Follow established procedures facilitating the flow of patients and clients in exam rooms, focus on client education and assisting veterinarians with examinations as needed.
- Medical transcription
- Exercise compassion and care in all interactions with patients. Strive to create a positive environment for all patients through low stress and Fear Free handling.
- Prepare patients for surgery, safely induce and monitor anesthesia, and recover patients
- Perform standard nursing duties including: venipuncture, catheterization, radiographs, injections, etc.
- Perform dental cleanings/charting, obtain dental radiographs, and assist veterinarian during dental treatments
- Perform diagnostics and administer medical treatments
- Medication calculation and administration
- Client communication regarding patient care, disease processes, diagnostic results, treatment plans, and general education
- Maintain accurate paperless records using Avimark
- Attend departmental and monthly staff meetings, provide input to improve systems, pursue and attend continuing education
- Certified Veterinary Technician preferred, but not required
- Minimum 2 year veterinary experience in a hospital setting with a strong emphasis on anesthesia
- Exceptional attention to detail
After a 60 day period all full time positions become eligible for benefits which include:
- Employee Pet Discount
- Scrub Allowance
- Paid Holidays
- Health Insurance- Employee premium paid 100% by Family Pet Hospital
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- CE Allowance and Certification Renewal Dues for CVTs